Coronavirus updates: Metro Health reports one more coronavirus death


This article will be updated throughout the week with coronavirus case counts and other need-to-know information about the pandemic in San Antonio. 

September 26

One new death: The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District reported one death and 100 new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday. That pushes the death toll in Bexar County to 1,074 and the count of positive test results to 54,295 since the novel coronavirus pandemic started in mid-March.


September 25

The number of coronavirus cases in San Antonio rose by 224 Friday, tipping the county’s total since the start of the pandemic above 54,000. Mayor Ron Nirenberg reported no new deaths. The county’s death toll stands at 1,073, while the number of total cases is 54,195.

September 24

Five more COVID-19 deaths: The Metropolitan Health District reported 177 new cases of the novel coronavirus in Bexar County Thursday, 22 more than the 155 reported Wednesday. Five deaths that occurred within the last two weeks also were reported Thursday, bringing the city’s death toll to 1,073.



September 23

COVID-19 numbers update: Metro Health officials reported no new coronavirus-related deaths on Wednesday, as cases and deaths overall continue a steady, downward trend in San Antonio.


There were 155 new coronavirus cases, a slight uptick from the weekend — which officials said could be due to the Labor Day holiday — but still a far cry from the reports of over 1,000 new daily cases that occurred earlier in the summer.

Mass weekly testing begins: It was the first day of a new routine at Somerset Independent School District: a mass testing for the coronavirus developed by Community Labs, a San Antonio-based nonprofit that promises the ability to process thousands of tests a day, with results available within 24 hours. The Southwest Bexar County school district agreed to demonstrate the system in hopes the pilot program would speed the return to classroom learning at its seven schools.


September 22

COVID-19 numbers update: Six more people in San Antonio and Bexar County have died of the novel coronavirus, the most in nearly two weeks, officials said Tuesday.

September 21

COVID-19 numbers update: The risk level for coronavirus entered the “safe zone” in San Antonio on Monday, allowing for the reopening of various city services and facilities, at least on a limited basis.


September  20

COVID-19 numbers update: The city reported a backlog of 2,473 COVID-19 cases Sunday, bringing Bexar County’s total since the start of the pandemic to 53,341, according to the Metropolitan Health District’s daily coronavirus update.

 

Source Article