Ponca City native Dr. Stephanie Husen makes mark on Tulsa

One of those killed in the mass shooting in Tulsa was Ponca City native Dr. Stephanie Husen.Husen was well-known in the Tulsa community and even has ties to Norman in the Chi Omega sorority. >> Previous coverage: Tulsa police release timeline, possible motive for mass shooting suspectHusen was shot and killed Wednesday afternoon along with Dr. Preston Phillips, receptionist Amanda Glenn and patient William Love.Husen was one of the physicians at the Tulsa medical center where the shooting took place. “They died while serving others. They died in the line of duty,” said Dr. Ryan Parker, associate chief medical officer for Saint Francis Health System.Husen was a 1992 Ponca City High School graduate. >> See also: Two Oklahoma lawmakers think compromise possible in wake of latest mass shootingsThe district told KOCO 5: “PCPS is grieving today after learning of the passing of Dr. Stephanie Husen. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family and countless friends and the City of Tulsa. We send our heartfelt condolences.”Parker said: “We are supposed to be caring for others in tragedies like this. To think that our caregivers are the victims is just reprehensible to me.”>> Previous coverage: Police identify victims killed in Tulsa medical facility shootingHusen graduated from the OSU Center for Health Sciences in 2004 with an emphasis on internal medicine and pediatrics. OSU-CHS President said: “Her zest for life was evident in how deeply she cared about her sports medicine patients, and her commitment to those she served will be greatly missed.”Officials in Ponca City said a 30th class reunion is scheduled this weekend. Husen was organizing the reunion.

One of those killed in the mass shooting in Tulsa was Ponca City native Dr. Stephanie Husen.

Husen was well-known in the Tulsa community and even has ties to Norman in the Chi Omega sorority.

>> Previous coverage: Tulsa police release timeline, possible motive for mass shooting suspect

Husen was shot and killed Wednesday afternoon along with Dr. Preston Phillips, receptionist Amanda Glenn and patient William Love.

Husen was one of the physicians at the Tulsa medical center where the shooting took place.

“They died while serving others. They died in the line of duty,” said Dr. Ryan Parker, associate chief medical officer for Saint Francis Health System.

Husen was a 1992 Ponca City High School graduate.

>> See also: Two Oklahoma lawmakers think compromise possible in wake of latest mass shootings

The district told KOCO 5: “PCPS is grieving today after learning of the passing of Dr. Stephanie Husen. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family and countless friends and the City of Tulsa. We send our heartfelt condolences.”

Parker said: “We are supposed to be caring for others in tragedies like this. To think that our caregivers are the victims is just reprehensible to me.”

>> Previous coverage: Police identify victims killed in Tulsa medical facility shooting

Husen graduated from the OSU Center for Health Sciences in 2004 with an emphasis on internal medicine and pediatrics.

OSU-CHS President said: “Her zest for life was evident in how deeply she cared about her sports medicine patients, and her commitment to those she served will be greatly missed.”

Officials in Ponca City said a 30th class reunion is scheduled this weekend. Husen was organizing the reunion.